How COVID-19 Is Affecting Alliance Companies – Week 18
July 13, 2020
Case categories include: CEO Survey Health Leadership Strategy & Planning Trends
The eighteenth week of a flash survey of CEOs was taken on July 13th. In Week #18 with a resurgence of COVID cases, we find that the projection for when business will return to “somewhat normal” has moved to February 20th. Alliance CEOs report that the pace of business improvement has slowed down, and a return to work in our physical worksites has grown slowly with some setbacks.
Week #18 Business Trends:
- The projection for when business will return to “somewhat normal” has moved to February 20
- Alliance CEOs report that the pace of business improvement has slowed down:
- In Week #18, 27% reported their business was better than the prior week. It was 39% in Week #13
- In Week #18, 8% reported their business was worse than the prior week. It was 3% in Week #15
- Return to our physical worksites is growing slowly with some setbacks:
- During the past 4 weeks the % of companies who have returned some employees to their worksites declined from 59% to 48%
- The % of companies who have returned 75% or more of their employees declined from 33% four weeks ago to 13% in Week #18
- The % of companies reporting setbacks in "Return-to-Work" grew from 20% four weeks ago to 39% in Week #18
How is the COVID-19 situation impacting your business?
How has your business changed during the past week?
When do you project your business will return to somewhat “normal”?
The survey was completed by members of the Alliance of Chief Executives, most of whom are CEOs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Arizona. CEOs in other regions can look to this data to help make their own plans.
Over 300 companies were asked to participate in this survey, and these CEOs lead companies in virtually every industry and range from early-stage growth companies to midsized companies to global public companies. However, most of the businesses surveyed are midsized companies in the $20 to $200 million dollar revenue range. The survey was conducted via Emojot, an enterprise-grade customer experience management platform.